Teach Your New Pup with Puppy Classes Near Me
It isn’t hard to find doggy care facilities and basic pet classes when you search for “puppy classes near me.” But how can you be sure you’re finding a trainer truly focused on early-life training for your dog? If you want to be confident in the training your new puppy is receiving, you can count on the professionals at Wilson’s Dog Training. We take great strides to instill basic commands and the right behaviors in your dogs when they are the most receptive to learning.
Wilson’s Dog Training has served numerous puppies and their owners throughout the Greater Peoria area and all of Central Illinois. Brian Wilson of Wilson’s Dog Training has the skill and education to ensure your dog (and you) learn the skills you need. As a Certified Master Dog Trainer and Animal Behavioral & Communication Specialist through the Academy of Canine Communications, Wilson knows a thing or two about how to teach your pup best.
Don’t Skip Out on Puppy Training
While Wilson can teach a dog at any age, the best time is always when they are a puppy. Just as you ought to teach your child skills at a young age so they better retain them, the same can be said for your dog. Thus, we help your pup learn things like:
- Not all dogs are immediately friendly towards other dogs and humans. A level of comfort comes with plenty of time spent around or interacting with others. Thus, it’s important to introduce your dog to other pets and people at an early age. This will help them better adjust to being a grown dog who is comfortable in social situations.
- A dog isn’t born immediately knowing what’s right and what’s wrong to do. They don’t know not to pee in the house or tear up a pillow. It takes time, training and discipline to teach the right behaviors to your dog. And when they’re at a younger age, they’re much more willing to adjust their behaviors to what you show them is right. Conversely, if you wait too long, negative behaviors may become reinforced and difficult to unlearn.
- Your neighbor with the dog who doesn’t listen to them may try and convince you it’s a “personality quirk.” Truthfully, they never took the time to instill obedience into their pet. However, it’s not too late for you! While your dog is still young, they can quickly learn new commands. And while we can teach your dog all the “fun tricks,” our puppy classes will go over essential commands that ensure you can always keep your dog under control.
What You Get at Wilson’s
You’ve found what you need with Wilson’s Dog Training with your search for “puppy classes near me,” and that’s excellent! However, we can offer other services that you and your dog might be interested in taking advantage of. For example, our services include:
- Dog Walking
- Private Classes at Home
- Private Classes at Our Location
- 4-Week in Home Obedience Training
- Board and Train
- 6-Week Puppy Classes
- Aggressive Dog Consult
- Advanced Training
Puppy classes for your new dog are important if looking to ensure they stay happy and well-behaved throughout their life. To learn more about what our classes entail, call Wilson’s Dog Training today at 309-204-8750. Also, we are located at 10985 E Lasswell Rd, Cuba, IL 61427.